Albion Stone has a programme of investment into local charities and community projects. We have targeted projects that deliver environmental, educational and social benefits or improvements, and can demonstrate a connection with our industry and our land.
At Albion Stone we:
- Have been working closely with MEMO. MEMO will be sited on the Isle of Portland, ‘semi-detached’ from the south coast of Britain. This is part of the ‘Jurassic Coast’, a Geological World Heritage Site whose fossil-rich cliffs chart 180 million years of the history of life. The stones of MEMO, quarried from these same cliffs, will embody the images of all species to have gone extinct in modern times, carved by sculptors all over the world.
- Sponsor multiple events on Portland.
- Assist with the retraining of Young Offenders in the workplace.
- Work with the Portland Sculpture and Quarry Trust.
- Assist with funding and sponsorship projects for our local teams on a regular basis.
- Participate in county shows.
- Provide sponsorship and stone donations to various local projects including benches and memorials on the Island celebrating its history and heritage.
To request a copy of Albion Stone's Local Communities Policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.