-RIBA Award 2011 -Natural Stone Award 2012 New Build Modern - Highly Commended
Stanton Williams Architects
Wiltshire District Council
Scope of Project:
Construction of new office space for Wiltshire District Council.
Stanton Williams were commissioned to design a new office space for Wiltshire Council. They married Bourne Hill House (Grade II listed) with a new building to create open plan offices that enable the views of the surrounding gardens to be enjoyed.
This project formed part of campus and operational delivery programme to reduce the number of council offices in order to decrease the council’s carbon footprint.
The design team worked closely with English Heritage to ensure that delicate repairs were made to the historic building avoiding any re-building of the structure and to ensure traditional materials, such as natural stone, was used.
This project has received multiple awards over a period of three years:
- RIBA Award 2011
- British Council for Offices Award 2011
- AJ100 Building of the Year Award - Finalist
- Salisbury Civic Society Award 2010
- British Construction Industry Award - Highly Commended
- SCALA Civic Building of the Year 2011—Joint Winner
- Natural Stone Awards 2012 New Build Modern - Highly Commended